Donating your unneeded vehicle is EASY! You can either call us at 1-888-686-4483 or complete our on-line donation form, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We need the following information:
- Your name, address and phone number, and the address where the vehicle is located.
- The Year, Make and Model of the vehicle
- Title and Registration status.
- The mechanical condition of the vehicle.
- The condition of the body, paint and interior of the vehicle.
- The License Plate number and the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN).
- The mileage of the vehicle (odometer reading).
Once we have that information and your vehicle is accepted, we will mail your “Donor Packet,” which includes:
- The DMV forms necessary, along with detailed instructions (all you do is complete the “Seller” information; we’ll handle the rest).
- Your Donation receipt, which includes information on the tax deductibility of your donation.
We will then have the tow company contact you to make arrangements to pick up your vehicle.
A very simple process- much easier than trying to sell the vehicle yourself and you get a tax deduction.
We use a variety of methods to sell your donated vehicle: “retail,” wholesale, via the Internet on craigslist and eBay, consignment, multiple auction yards and auto dismantlers. We evaluate every vehicle to determine the best method of sale, that will bring the highest selling price, which means more money to the charity. The decision is made on a car-by-car basis.
If your vehicle sells for more than $500, you will receive an acknowledgment letter from us stating the sale price of the vehicle and the tax deductibility of your donation. This acknowledgement is also your equivalent tax form 1098-C, which you will need to keep and file with your tax return. It takes an average of approximately 60 days to resell your vehicle.
We are confident that you will be glad you chose to donate your vehicle though Car Donation Services, and that you will want to refer family and friends to us as well.